What happens in a standard consultation
My initial visit usually takes approx 90 minutes. We’ll need a good firm surface to do a walk up and I may request a trot up if necessary. I need you or a responsible representative to attend each visit and either hold the horse or be at its side. It’s greatly appreciated if your horse has clean, dry hooves, a dry legs. I will want to work somewhere where the horse is comfortable to stand in a safe level place & where I can get to either side of the horse easily and free from kick hazards.
An initial visit will take a thorough look at how your horse’s feet and how usable they are.
- We’ll talk about where you and the horse are at, what issues & concerns you might have and want you want from ‘being barefoot’.
- I’ll then have an initial look at all four feet & take photos so we have a record of where we started.
- You’ll walk and trot the horse up a couple of times, this will enable me to assess how your horse moves and to take into consideration your horses conformation.
- I’ll then proceed with the trim, looking at getting the hoof balanced and aligned
- I will then take another set of photos so we can see the difference that the trim is making.
- Because there are a lot of factors that can affect the health of your horses feet I’ll also want to talk to you about their workload, feed, turnout, footcare history & anything else that you think relevant.
- We’ll then talk about how comfortable your horse should be for the work you want to do, and if required discuss the use of hoof boots & pads. If there’s any problems (thrush/seedy toe/large cracks) we’ll also discuss what options there are to improve them.
- Finally I’ll write it all up in a report for you so you have a really good understanding of what your horses feet are capable of, what we’re seeking to improve, and what level of work they should be doing. Note that I’ll often make recommendations about management changes that may improve your horses hoof health.
What I expect from you?
As an owner you are probably aware that horses are flight/prey animals and can be very unpredictable at times.
I need to know if your horse has any behavioural issues that may jeopardise my safety whilst I am working with it. If your horse is frightened of having it’s feet trimmed, I need to ensure that I am safe to pick its feet up and trim them (I can recommend some very good equine behaviourists if this is the case).
I am more than happy to work with you if you have young or inexperienced horses, although I cannot always guarantee that they will be trimmed all-round at every visit.
If your horse has known health issues such as arthritis/ stifle/ hock problems etc. Please make me aware so that I can adjust my trimming holds and style accordingly.
If you know your horse is dangerous or liable to kick, please ensure that you make appropriate arrangements with your vet to have the horse suitably sedated before I start to trim. I reserve the right to refuse to trim a horse if I deem it unsafe to do so (full consultation charge will still apply).
Equine Podiatry Services
You can get in touch with me via the contact form on the homepage, or via the following:
Phone – 07923 285975
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
facebook – www.facebook.com/pg/naturalneddies1
My practice covers Warwickshire, Worcestershire, The Cotswolds /North Gloucestershire, Leicestershire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and South Derbyshire.
I can offer flexible appointments *subject to availability, including evening slots & weekends.
£40.00 per consultation (inc trim)
Mutli horse discounts available for same yard visits.
There are no travel charges for clients within 25 miles of postcode CV33 9JG. If you are outside this distance, I charge an additional £5.00 per 10 miles to cover fuel & mileage expenses.
*I will always endeavour to try and meet the needs of my clients where possible, evening appointments are only available during BST.
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can offer the slot to somebody else. Appointments that are cancelled with less than 48hrs notice may be subject to a cancellation charge.